Sweet Potatoes for Better Eye Health - Episode 11
It's almost holiday season, which means pre-planning your full holiday menu if it’s your turn to host. Just remember, there's no such things as too many side dishes around the dinner table! The side dishes are just as important as your perfectly crafted main dish. In fact, some might say they're even more important!
Dr. Guerreiro and Dr. Bertomeu share a great eye healthy Rosemary sweet potato recipe that is easy to make and serves as a great side dish. Sweet potatoes are rich in beta carotene and the antioxidant vitamin E, which all contribute to keeping your eye's healthy.
It's just a good thing there are almost always tons of leftovers after holidays too—because you'll want to eat this side dish repeatedly. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel where you can watch additional episodes of Not Just Carrots!
ROSEMARY PARMESAN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES:
Serving size: 6
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes (about 2 large), peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary, divided (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with the olive oil, garlic powder, half of the rosemary (or all of it if using dried), salt and pepper until well combined. Spread in a single layer and bake for 20 - 30 minutes until tender and the bottoms of the potatoes are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 5 minutes. Toss with the remaining half a tablespoon of rosemary, parmesan and more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
WANT MORE EYE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Check out our other Not Just Carrots episodes:
- Episode 1: Creamy Orange Cherry Oatmeal
- Episode 2: Whole Wheat Pasta With Spinach And Gorgonzola
- Episode 3: Seared Tuna With Orange, Avocado and Cilantro Salsa
- Episode 4: Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Foil Packs
- Episode 5: Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Episode 6: Turkey Burgers
- Episode 7: Apple Sandwiches
- Episode 8: Pineapple Sundaes
- Episode 9: Berry Berry Good Smoothies
- Episode 10: Strawberry Bark
*Recipe Courtesy of Flavor the Moments