Strawberry Bark for Better Eye Health - Episode 10
It's back-to-school season, which means there's no such things as too many ideas when it comes to packing the perfect school snack. The best part is, this recipe is easy to make, kids love them, and you can feel good about what you’ve sent them to school with. Dr. Guerreiro shares a great eye healthy strawberry yogurt bark recipe that is easy to make and that can serve as a snack or after school treat!
This strawberry yogurt bark is not only delicious, but healthy for your eyes too! Strawberries contain vitamin C which helps protect the eyes from free-radicals damage due to the sun’s harsh UV rays. Vitamin C also plays an important role in strengthening the eye’s cornea and retina. Your kids will love helping you make this in the kitchen!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel where you can watch additional episodes of Not Just Carrots!
Serving size: 4-6
- Yogurt - honey Greek yogurt is recommended
- Dried strawberries
- Line an 8” pan with sides with parchment paper and spread evenly with yogurt. Make sure it’s not too thin so that it breaks evenly.
- Sprinkle in your strawberries.
- Freeze for about 3-4 hours until completely frozen.
- Remove bark from the parchment paper.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
WANT MORE EYE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Check out our other Not Just Carrots episodes:
- Episode 1: Creamy Orange Cherry Oatmeal
- Episode 2: Whole Wheat Pasta With Spinach And Gorgonzola
- Episode 3: Seared Tuna With Orange, Avocado and Cilantro Salsa
- Episode 4: Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Foil Packs
- Episode 5: Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Episode 6: Turkey Burgers
- Episode 7: Apple Sandwiches
- Episode 8: Pineapple Sundaes
- Episode 9: Berry Berry Good Smoothies
*Recipe Courtesy of Hello Wonderful