Eating for Better Eye Health - Episode 4
Can your diet really impact your eyesight? Absolutely! Just like any part of your body, the health of your eyes correlates to the foods you eat and is largely dependent on your lifestyle. MyEyeDr.’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Artis Beatty and Optometrist, Dr. Amanda Steele share an eye-healthy recipe that promotes the best benefits for your vision.
This shrimp foil pack is full of numerous eye-healthy vitamins. Zucchini squash is packed with carotenoids and a one-cup serving packs nearly half of your daily dose of vitamin C. Zucchini also boasts vitamin A and antioxidants while shrimp includes astaxanthin which aids in maintaining good eye health, including protecting the retina against oxidative damage.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel where you can watch additional episodes of Not Just Carrots!
CILANTRO-LIME SHRIMP FOIL PACKS RECIPE:
Serving size: 4
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 ears corn, quartered
- 1 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp. butter
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, corn, zucchini, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss until combined.
- Lay out four pieces of foil and divide shrimp mixture between foil.
- Top each foil packet with 1 tbsp. of butter and lime slices.
- Seal foil packs and heat grill to high.
- Add shrimp foil packs and grill until shrimp is pink, about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
WANT MORE EYE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Check out our other Not Just Carrots episodes:
- Episode 1: Creamy Orange Cherry Oatmeal
- Episode 2: Whole Wheat Pasta With Spinach And Gorgonzola
- Episode 3: Seared Tuna With Orange, Avocado and Cilantro Salsa
- Episode 5: Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Episode 6: Turkey Burgers
- Episode 7: Apple Sandwiches
- Episode 8: Pineapple Sundaes
- Episode 9: Berry Smoothies
- Episode 10: Berry Strawberry Bark