Better Eye Health - Episode 6
This Labor Day, make turkey burgers the main event with this flavor-packed, eye healthy recipe. Dr. Artis Beatty and Dr. Amanda Steele share a quick grilling recipe that has maximum benefits for your vision. Rich in vitamin B, calcium and zinc, this Turkey Burger with Avocado Crema recipe is sure to delight your taste buds while providing essential nutrients to support optimal eye health.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel where you can watch additional episodes of Not Just Carrots!
TURKEY BURGER RECIPE:
Serving size: 4
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 avocados, halved, seeded and scooped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick rings
- Place turkey into a large bowl with shallots, garlic cloves, Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Use hands to evenly mix all ingredients together. Pat into 4 equal patties.
- Place turkey burgers on a medium-hot grill and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Place avocados in a bowl with cumin, coriander and mayonnaise. Use a fork to mash all ingredients together to make a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set red onion slices/rings on grill, sprinkle with salt and pepper and allow to cook until slightly charred and soft.
- Assemble burger with a delicious patty on bottom, avocado crema, grilled red onions and fresh arugula.
WANT MORE EYE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Check out our other Not Just Carrots episodes:
- Episode 1: Creamy Orange Cherry Oatmeal
- Episode 2: Whole Wheat Pasta With Spinach And Gorgonzola
- Episode 3: Seared Tuna With Orange, Avocado and Cilantro Salsa
- Episode 4: Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Foil Packs
- Episode 5: Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Episode 7: Apple Sandwiches
- Episode 8: Pineapple Sundaes
- Episode 9: Berry Smoothies
- Episode 10: Berry Strawberry Bark