Berry Smoothie for Better Eye Health - Episode 9
Kids are back to school and you’re getting back to your routine of making breakfast, lunches and snacks on a daily basis. The best part is, they can have it every day and it makes it easier for kids to get their needed vitamins. Dr. Bertomeu shares a great eye healthy smoothie recipe that is a quick and easy breakfast for when you are on the go or can also be served as a healthy snack!
This Berry Berry Good Smoothie is not only delicious, but the nutrients found within may help to prevent serious eye conditions. Kale has the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin which can help prevent age-related macular degeneration and cataracts. The nutritious elements of blueberries can help prevent many disorders that eventually lead to impaired vision or blindness.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel where you can watch additional episodes of Not Just Carrots!
BERRY BERRY GOOD SMOOTHIE:
Serving size: 2
- 2 cups of frozen berries – raspberries, blueberries and black berries
- 2 cups of unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup of ice
- 1 cup of kale
- ½ cup of blueberry Greek yogurt
- Place your fruit, kale and blueberry Greek yogurt in the blender.
- Add almond milk and ice.
- Blend the fruit and yogurt until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
WANT MORE EYE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Check out our other Not Just Carrots episodes:
- Episode 1: Creamy Orange Cherry Oatmeal
- Episode 2: Whole Wheat Pasta With Spinach And Gorgonzola
- Episode 3: Seared Tuna With Orange, Avocado and Cilantro Salsa
- Episode 4: Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Foil Packs
- Episode 5: Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Episode 6: Turkey Burgers
- Episode 7: Apple Sandwiches
- Episode 8: Pineapple Sundaes
- Episode 10: Berry Strawberry Bark
*Recipe Courtesy of The Everyday Mom Life