Baked Salmon for Better Eye Health - Episode 12
There's no need to stress about making all your holiday guests happy this year! With our delicious salmon dish, and many other recipes featured on our YouTube channel, you'll be rounding out your best holiday menu in no time.
Dr. Guerreiro and Dr. Bertomeu share a great eye-healthy baked salmon recipe that serves as a great main dish. Salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids which can contribute to visual development and the health of the retina in the back of the eye. This recipe also calls for parsley, which contains lutein, beta carotene and zeaxanthin. These nutrients can help protect your eyes as well as prevent age-related macular degeneration.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel where you can watch additional episodes of Not Just Carrots!
BAKED SALMON WITH GARLIC & DIJON:
Serving size: 4
- 1 1/2 lb. salmon filet
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp light olive oil not extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt we use sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Lemon sliced into 4 rings
- Preheat oven to 450˚F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Slice salmon into 4 portions and arrange them on the lined baking sheet, skin-side-down.
- In a small bowl, combine: 2 Tbsp parsley, 2-3 pressed cloves garlic, 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 Tbsp Dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Generously spread the marinade over the top and sides of the salmon then top each piece with a slice of lemon.
- Bake at 450°F for 12-15 min or until just cooked through and flaky. Don't over-cook.
- Serve and enjoy!
WANT MORE EYE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Check out our other Not Just Carrots episodes:
- Episode 1: Creamy Orange Cherry Oatmeal
- Episode 2: Whole Wheat Pasta With Spinach And Gorgonzola
- Episode 3: Seared Tuna With Orange, Avocado and Cilantro Salsa
- Episode 4: Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Foil Packs
- Episode 5: Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Episode 6: Turkey Burgers
- Episode 7: Apple Sandwiches
- Episode 8: Pineapple Sundaes
- Episode 9: Berry Berry Good Smoothies
- Episode 10: Strawberry Bark
- Episode 11: Roasted Sweet Potatoes
*Recipe Courtesy of Natasha's Kitchen